Happy New Year, everyone! Let's start the year with some food! I never thought I'd write a recipe for eggs, because they're one of the easiest things to make. However, I have been trying to mix things up a little bit and came up with an improved version for my regular scrambled eggs, and I liked it so much that I thought I'd share it with you. Eggs are one of my favourite things to eat for lunch, because they're filling, healthy and just delicious :) So let's get started!
What do you need?
- one egg
- some cream cheese
- about two tablespoons of milk
- some fresh spring onions or chives
- some fresh parsley
- some red onion (you can also use a different kind, but I like this one because the taste is a little bit softer, and it creates a nice colour combo with the green herbs)
- pepper and salt
- two slices of bread
- some butter or vegetable oil to fry the egg (I prefer a this kind of butter made from vegetable oil)
How to make it:
- Start by putting the bread in the toaster. I want to toast and the eggs to be done at the same time, because it tastes best when it's still hot. I usually toast my bread for four minutes, so before I start working on the egg, I put it in for two minutes, and then another two minutes when I start frying. It's all about timing!
- Next, I take a couple of very thin slices from the onion and chop them into pieces. I also take some parsley and a piece of spring onion or chive and chop that up as well.
- After that, I put the egg in a bowl, add a little bit of milk to make it smoother, and then I whisk it until it's smooth. I also add som salt and pepper.
- Then I take a nice scoop of cream cheese, add it to the bowl and whisk it up some more. It won't blend that well, but that's okay.
- Before I start frying the egg, I put the toaster on for another two minutes.
- Then I put some butter and fry the onions a little bit before I add the egg mixture. Then I quickly add the green herbs and start mixing it up until it looks done.
- Then, I put the eggs on the toasts. Enjoy!